Our pick of the best turntables for vinyl fans…
Best Record Players Buying Guide: the best turntables you can buy in 2021.
- 1 Pro Ject Primary E Traditional Plug & Play Turntable Black Recommended
- 2 Technics SL-1500C Hi-Fi Turntable Silver Recommended
- 3 Pro-Ject Debut Carbon EVO Open Box Manual Belt Drive Turntable w/ Sumiko Ranier Cartridge – Satin Black – Good Condition – PRO11 Recommended
- 4 Clearaudio Concept Active MM Turntable w/ MM Cartridge Black Recommended
- 5 Audio Technica AT-LP5X Turntable Black Recommended
- 6 Technics SH-TB10-SM1 SL-1000R SME Tonearm Plate (Silver)
- 7 VPI Prime 21+ Review – Prime suspect Recommended
Whether you’re buying your first turntable having just discovered the joys of vinyl, replacing a dusty old turntable or looking to upgrade your existing record player, we can help point you in the right direction.
Our round-up features a choice of affordable turntables at the budget end of the market, plus a selection of premium record players if you’re looking to get serious about your system’s sound quality. You can even get a wireless Bluetooth turntable should you want to stream your vinyl selections, or a USB turntable if you’d like to digitise your vinyl collection.
Most of the decks here are pretty much plug-and-play, and come with the tonearm and cartridge attached. You might need to balance the tonearm and set the tracking weight, but this is pretty simple – just follow the supplied instructions. In case there’s no cartridge as standard, it could be worth visiting our list of the best cartridges you can buy for some inspiration.
Whether you’re looking for a budget record player, a premium high-end turntable or one in between, this page should help…